Just in time for your weekend! Several from the Brat Pack (broadly defined as any young actor of the era).
- Manhunter (1986) A prequel to Silence of the Lambs from director Michael Mann starring William Petersen, Joan Allen, Brian Cox, and Dennis Farina.
- Down and Out in Beverly Hills (1986) I didn’t care for this much, but my Army buddy from the LA area thought it was hilarious. Nick Nolte, Bette Midler, Richard Dreyfuss, and Little Richard.
- Pretty in Pink (1986) Where Jon Cryer channels Otis Redding. John Hughes movie with Molly Ringwald, Harry Dean Stanton, Jon Cryer, Annie Potts, James Spader, and Andrew McCarthy (Blaine! His name is Blaine? That’s not a name, it’s a major appliance!”).
- Hiding Out (1987) Jon Cryer again. This time he pretends to be a high school student.
- From the Hip (1987) Judd Nelson, Elizabeth Perkins, John Hurt, Darren McGavin. Nelson is a lawyer.
- Backtrack (1990) Interesting cast: Dennis Hopper, Jodie Foster, Dean Stockwell, Vincent Price, John Turturro, and Fred Ward. Directed by Dennis Hopper and Alan Smithee, so be forewarned.
- Homer & Eddie (1989) James Belushi and Woopie Goldberg with an appearance by John Waters. Never heard of it.
- The Awful Dr. Orlof (Gritos en la noche) (1962) Jess Franco does another Orlof.
- Devil’s Kiss (La perversa caricia de Satán) (1976)
- 3 Seconds Before Explosion (Bakuha 3-byô mae) (1967) Another Japanese gangster movie. I really dig these.
- There’s No Business Like Show Business (1954) Ethel Merman, Donald O’Connor, Marilyn Monroe
- The Man from Snowy River (1982) Romantic Western set in Australia.
- Yanks (1979) Chick Vennera who I really like is in it along with Richard Gere, Vanessa Redgrave, and John Ratzenberger.
- Sweet Liberty (1986) Alan Alda.
- The River’s Edge (1957) Western with Ray Milland, Anthony Quinn, Debra Paget, and Harry Carey Jr.