I get RSS feeds from Netflix for new movies on disk and on instant. You can get that too from the bottom of any Netflix page, but I thought I’d start a feature wherein I let you know about some of the newly available movies that are of interest to retro-fiends.
This week a whole slew of Italian Giallo movies are on instant. I’m not listing them all individually but there were a bunch.
I’ll link to each movie individually for you convenience if you already have Netflix, but if you want to join, please use the ads on this page! Help support my habits!
- Rulers of the City (1976) Italian movie with Jack Palance.
- Daughters of Darkness (Le Rouge aux Lèvres) (1971) Giallo is not my style, but I know a lot of you will like it.
- The Final Countdown (1980) cult-classic time-travel sci-fi with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen.
- Pete Best: Best of the Beatles (2005) Pete’s take on his days with the Beatles.
- Fire and Ice (1983) “A cult favorite among fans of the genre, this animated classic from director Ralph Bakshi and artist Frank Frazetta” looks very interesting.
- Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man (Uomini Si Nasce Poliziotti Si Muore) (1976) Italian movie with a great title. “Attached to a special anti-crime unit, two wisecracking, cynical and lethally determined Italian detectives cut a wide swath as they ruthlessly pursue their targets. They believe in doing whatever it takes to stop the baddies — even murder.”
- Revenge (1964) Japanese Samurai film from director Tadashi Imai.
- Machine Gun McCain (Gli Intoccabili; For a Price) (1969) Stars John Cassavetes, Brit Ekland, and Gena Rowlands.
- Anything Goes (1954) Frank Sinatra! What more do you need?
- Caliber-9 (Milano Calibro 9) (1972) Another Italian flick with a cool name.
- Best of the Flatt & Scruggs TV Show Volumes 9 and 10 (1962).
Hope you all enjoy this new feature.